Thursday 5 July 2012

Yerbury Fine Art Nude Masterclass

I'm just back from a very enjoyable shoot with a photographer and his wife, a couple I've visited quite a few times now and love to see. We did some really nice un-posed and natural, expressive nudes (inspired by Jonvelle) in their beautiful house, and it seems a fitting time to now blog about a recent day spent with another husband and wife team.

I love working with Trevor and Faye Yerbury - they produce such beautiful, classy work and are lots of fun to model for, so I was happy to be chosen to model for one of their Fine Art Nude Masterclasses the other day. As always, the photographers taking the course were all a pleasure to meet and seemed to enjoy themselves very much, snapping away with big smiles all round! The location was Pipewell Hall, an old country manor house in Northamptonshire. I was mainly stationed indoors with Faye, making the most of the building's incredible features and furnishings, while the other model, Zoi, spent the day outdoors in the grounds with Trevor. It was really nice to meet Zoi after we'd tried but failed to meet up in Holland (where she is based most of the time, though she frequently visits the UK still) and we had a good natter over lunch. :-) We made a good contrast as photographic subjects; Zoi with her beautiful Greek/'Amazonian' look and me with a more 'pre-Raphaelite'/serene style (well, that's what Trevor said anyway!).

See here for more info on the range of workshops currently on offer by the Yerbury team: http://www.yerburystudio.com/

A few of the photographers attending have very kindly sent me some of their shots from the day. It's interesting to see some of the different takes on the same poses. I was really happy to give my first airing to my new pointe shoes (ribbons to be sewn on very soon; old ones to be dyed black!) and although I'd only mentioned to Faye in passing that I'd brought them along while she was doing my hair at the beginning of the day, 'ballet' ended up being quite a strong theme for my posing, with lots of happy skirt swirling in front of the window. :-)

These first shots are by Andrea (Pink Lily Photography) - read Andrea's blog post about the day here:








By Maria Tanner (Lace Market Photography - see Maria's blog post here!):



By Ian Parry AKA Maximus Operandi:








And last but not least, by Faye:







Zoi and I posing together outside at the end (first shot here by Ian Parry; colour snaps by Faye)



Trevor overseeing all:


 And a group shot (Zoi and I being silly in the middle)! :-)


Thanks again to everyone who has sent me shots - it's much appreciated! And to anyone reading, please feel free to let me know any favourites... Your feedback is always fun to read! :-)

***********

In other news, I've recently re-jiggled by portfolio on Model Mayhem (click here to go there) - trying to organise it so that, by clicking on the relevant galleries, photographers who are less interested in nudes can see my fashion/commercial/editorial work all in one place without having to wade through all the more artistic shots, while photographers interested in figure work primarily don't have to wade through shots of me grinning and running blissfully along beaches in sportswear... Wonder if it works well like that as a way to show versatility without having them all mixed up and it looking too eclectic - why not pop over and take a gander?