Monday 4 March 2013

Tribal Blues

Hi everyone! It's been such a busy few weeks for me, as always. Pretty much every minute is accounted for (in theory) and various and diverse goals are getting closed in on, with lots of fun being had along the way as these goals are things are all about what I want and love. I'm such a disciplined hermit, at the moment, and love it! My sociable time is currently carefully rationed out into Tues, Weds and Thursdays (friends and dance classes/rehearsals) mostly... And it feels good!

I've also had some hugely exciting family news recently (I'm going to be an auntie!!!!!!), while recent small pleasures have included dairy milk fruit & nut, and smugness at having a car with an anti-hijack mode, since after getting in my car to drive home at 4am after a night out on Sat, a drunkard decided he definitely, 100% without a doubt was going to have a lift from me 'just a few blocks' and promptly started pulling at my car doors (passenger side) in an aggressive craze. I had hesitated, until then, trying to assess if he was a threat or just a man in need... But yeah... My hand slammed down on the central locking button so fast as he lurched towards the car door, he just couldn't understand why the doors weren't opening. I'm not totally sure who won that race anyway, so I just thank the fact that my car only opens my driver door when I enter it unless I press the button twice. Ha!

*********************************************************
Interlude: Here's some classic Erykah Badu:


And here's a beautiful, sultry song by India Arie (singer of the more recent 'I am not my hair'), whose first album 'Acoustic Soul' I listened to roughly 5000 times about 10 years ago, especially this song, 'Brown Skin'. The whole album is stunningly beautiful.


And to finish off my little trio of smooth-jazz interruption, this killer love poem by Jill Scott was an old favourite, track numero 3 on the album. (And she was brilliant live!):



*********************************************************

(I'm sorry, I don't know what's happening here... This is not a music blog. I get distracted...)

                                   *********************************************************

(The stars mean something new is about to happen.)

.................OK, here are two new photos of me, taken by the very creative Rayment Kirby in Sussex, where I'll be again at the end of May. I really love this first one.



I have so many more new images to show as always, but I'm being minimal and just putting two out there today.

In other news, I'm thinking of going to Borneo!