Thursday 29 May 2014

Electric blue, rain, shapes; workshop & London exhibition

In stark contrast to the blog post below, I will leave it completely to you to imagine how this image was created. It's a weird, freaky one - I love it!


(Taken by the ever-eccentric-in-a-good-way Eric Kellerman at a Dobbelmen workshop he and his colleague hosted, during my visit to the Netherlands last month. It was really fun to see what weird and wonderful shapes and patterns we could create!)

I had a really blissful time shooting in France recently (images on their way..!) and was picked up by a taxi, once back in London, to rush to the evening private view for a painter's exhibition I am currently featured in. I felt very jet set and glam (in my rain-sodden hippie dress and wet feet.... Upon arriving in London, a man even took it upon himself to mention to me that my long dress was going to get wet at the bottom(!). Ha.) Anyway, it was fun to spot 4 new drawings of myself I'd never seen before (I'm rarely allowed to view the results in situ...) and I was struck, as always, by the immense talent and vision of the artist across the whole exhibition. It's lovely (and unsurprising) to see that at least one piece I modelled for had sold already.

Right, over and out - just a quick update. Gallons and gallons of images to come very soon; I'm herding them up gratefully to show on here from the incredibly generous and creative types who have pointed their lenses at me in recent weeks...

Actually, in other, tentative, should-I-mention-this news, I'm working towards a poetry collection on the subject of appearance/reality/identity/performance. Same old preoccupation... But I'm gathering a significant section of thought on the concept of 'muse-dom'. It's a lot of fun. I would publish things here but then that would mess up copyright/permissions, etc etc. (That's the annoying part.)