Sunday 26 August 2012

Red jellyfish & Black Tutus

Evening! I'm back in England, where a bikini doth not an outfit make.

I've just had a really lazy summer holiday in my parents' apartment in the south of Spain, where temperatures were, of course, predictably and gloriously HOT, the outdoor pool glitters in the sunlight and makes the perfect arena for weird and watery races and acrobatics (I rarely actually swim), floaty dresses were reluctantly donned to walk around unbelievably beautiful white mountain-backed villages, and hazy sunsets and star-filled nights were the rule. I am so lucky to have that little part of the world to escape to!

(Although, shock horror: I got stung by a jellyfish!!! I couldn't believe it!! My boyfriend spotted a couple of these small red, alien floaty creatures bobbing around and swam a little way towards them to peer at them, delighted (BOYS!!!). I, cleverly, backed away, only to be lanced in the ankle by one floating around behind me!! It hurt SO much!! I really panicked, as I've been to Spain many times but never seen or experienced this there, and I have no real 'jellyfish knowledge' (other than on the east coast of Australia, where jellyfish = bad) and didn't know if it was a serious situation or not... And does 'red' not equal 'I will poison you' in nature?...

...All this panic was going through my head while my ankle began to feel stiff and swollen, I felt all wobbly, and the pain kept shooting through me over and over again. I think my loud English swearing caused a bit of fuss, so the water quickly cleared, and then was slowly filled up by gallant men with fishing nets, who seemed determined to empty the sea of all possible jellyfish and display them on hot rocks on the beach. Urgh. Anyway, it was all fine, I didn't die, and my red double-tentacle swipe tattoo has now mostly disappeared completely.

By the way, it was a nudist beach. (Well, tan lines are disallowed in this career, are they not?) Yes, the swimmers absconded quite quickly.

*Sorry to all the people who've emailed me over the last couple of weeks* - I allowed myself hardly any internet time while on holiday (there is none in the apartment), but I will be replying to all messages soon now! It's good and healthy to have time separated from the world of online activity, but it's been so nice to catch up today on all the many and varied blogs I follow. I'm also planning a few new things and projects to get started with (or wrap up) over the next few weeks - don't you just love that fresh perspective and buzz you get about your home life after ever just a short time away?

***********

I had a really fun and productive shoot with Richard Spurdens last month, a long-awaited second shoot, while on my trip to Stockport, and the following images have kindly arrived in my inbox, made at Hallam Mill Studios. We shot quite a few different styles, and I think there are many more ideas in the planning.

I have many more photos lined up to show here, as always, including some I love and should have posted weeks ago, and get so excited by seeing the results from the shoots I've done! Stay tuned! ...And it's always nice to hear which shots stand out most to my blog readers, so do speak up if you feel the urge! :-)

My newest black tutu, with my lingerie leotard and pointes:



Stylised portraits:


Shot from above, making the most of a floor:



A new blue skirt I love, and window stories:



Some posing around:







:-)