Sunday 25 August 2013

Gaia, Jetty

I have yet another collection of images to show you from photographer Jeremy Howitt today. A recent concoction of curves, bokeh, grass and reflections...

Jeremy found this beautiful location in Sussex and I had the immediate idea that I should lie down for this first close-in, abstract crop - I have no idea why, it just felt obvious when I saw the frame of the long grass in the foreground and water behind; and Jeremy got it pretty much how I'd imagined, if not better, with a slightly voyeuristic hint and beautiful focus - I love the three little dots of bokeh in the diagonal line as well! Then Jeremy played around with some reflections as I sat/stood/lay on the little wooden jetties that surrounded the lake. To finish, we did a little 'Gaia' set in the nearby field. We don't often do portraits so thought it would be a good idea, then finished with some explosive hair, naturally.