Monday 14 July 2014

Les Coquelicots dans La Pluie

New images made in France, where I stayed at Don and Trisha McCrae's photography school/B&B. Much recommended. I modelled for a couple of days while Don taught/assisted, and on the final day, before I left for the airport, we went on a very determined hunt for some poppies. It rained, but there was no way I was going to miss the opportunity, and Don kindly obliged. Lens Babied for dreamy effect...












I'm off to Wales tomorrow, and after saying at the beginning of the year (to myself) that I would be travelling less and focussing more on other things, in reality I'm modelling as much as ever. It's hard to turn down jobs and great opportunities. I don't think it's in my nature to just do 'one thing' though, as I was discussing with someone the other day, so I'm carrying on with my usual style of aiming in several directions at once (and gathering more plans as I go). I think it's OK if that also involves jetting around and frolicking in front of creative-ly wielded lenses/paintbrushes, though; upcoming plans (beween now and October) include Germany, Ireland, Portugal, Cornwall, Scotland, Vienna and more, alongside ongoing/new projects in my 'local' area of the south/midlands of England.

Unrelated (and you may have seen this on my facebook page recently):

For a possible new project, I'd be interested in hearing any (sensible, non-pervy) questions you have for art (/nude) models that you'd quite like the answer to; anything you've wondered about, however specific or vague, practical or philosophical. Please email any questions to ellarosemuse@live.co.uk (I don't mind if it's anonymous) and I'll respond to acknowledge receipt. Thank you!