Tuesday 6 October 2015

Of Castles & Gold

From one long-standing shooting tradition to another, how lucky I am to have worked again recently with Jeremy Howitt on another little adventure - this time in the north of England, around Northumberland!

It was the usual (finely) organised chaos of early starts and day-time cat-naps, so that I lost track of what day was what, where I'd been, who I was... etc... by the end of the fleeting trip, but we had such a lovely time! I love the results - dramatic beach scenes with castles and vistas as the sun winds up or down - and we even managed to squeeze in a trip to Alnwick Castle to see where some of the scenes in Downton Abbey (and Harry Potter) were filmed (and by the way, I hope you're all glued to your screens this season in case I make a fleeting appearance in a couple of scenes; I'm going to miss it while I'm away and am making my Mum record it all for me!); and for me to be utterly beaten by the world's biggest ice cream, which covered me in delicious chocolate and had me rooting around for tissues to clean up me/my clothes/the bench. I was such an embarrassment; clearly out of ice-cream-eating practise (I don't normally 'do' ice creams, but had a sudden craving. It was all very ungraceful.).

Anyway, I'm off to Indonesia for a month now, so things here may get a little slow, but will be back and raring to go in mid-November and am (by the way) taking bookings now for November, December and January; and from April onwards. Things are getting all a bit inter-continental again, and I like it! :-) I will be snapping away while away on this trip, I'm sure, so my instagram will floweth over in all likelihood, since I am clearly addicted to it these days. (and oh, I am going to miss Sir Fluffalot terribly while I'm away; I hope I survive without his enormous fluffy face looking alarmed at me. I know, I'm ridiculous, but LOOK AT HIS MAGNIFICENT FACE!!!)

OK, those mermaid scenes and so forth, forthwith (thank you so much again Jeremy!):

















You can also read Jeremy's version of events here. (I'm so glad he posts these threads, not least so I can remember where exactly I've been. He knows me well enough to know how terrible I am at knowing my way around places (and knowing whether to turn left or right out of a hotel, despite having been there for three days, for example), so it will come as no surprise that the place names became a slight blur after the early morning starts, even if the places themselves are spectactular; it really is a miracle that I can travel solo as well as I do. Nevermind. If I was the sort of person who would end a blog post with a hashtag, it would be #cantbegoodateverything (but I wouldn't do that, because then where does the full stop at the end of the blog post go?) - I'll put it here: .