Wednesday 7 January 2015

Venezia

My last trip abroad of 2014 took me to somewhere I'd never been to before - Venice! Jeremy Howitt and I had been discussing it for what felt like forever, so it was so nice to have the opportunity to model there. I posted a few snaps over on my instagram account. :-) This was our view just before touching down, before swishing across the water on a vaporetto, Bond-style, to arrive at the incredible, quite gothic apartment we were staying in, and I was also really pleased with this shot, which apparently presented my 'photographer's eye' as much as my 'muse-dom'... Haha.

Jeremy has written about this trip: 'I set myself the challenge of trying to shoot a little "Russo-Venetian glamour" drawing inspiration from the medium format-style fashion and glamour photography favoured by a number of very talented Russian and Ukrainian artists with lots of lovely, rich, saturated colours and contrasty black & whites all framed with a square crop.'

Thank you Jeremy!






(This was my bed during the stay!)




(Sigh... And I had a bit of a crowd papping away at me while we shot this; we tried very hard not to be annoying, only shooting a few times for a minute or so each, so as not to be in the way of tourists who understandably wanted this shot to themselves... But I think a few people thought I must be 'someone', and then proceeded to follow me around slightly asking for photos of me with their own cameras, which was funny. Seriously, though, look at that magical peachy light!)






(with Sinopa Rin & Jessica Taylor)


It was a fleeting visit - a wonderful taste of Venezia! (By the way, I'm currently obsessed with the netflix series 'Marco Polo'. It's THE latest Game of Thrones, in my opinion.)