Saturday 14 January 2012

In which I bang at the door

Although I've been lucky enough to have been featured in photographic displays and art exhibtions, in and on photography and fine art coffee books, in calendars, on websites, billboards and promotional material, on a CD cover, in newspapers, magazines and commercial catalogues, I'd never managed to grace the front cover of a novel...

... Until now!!!

I'm very happy about this as you can probably imagine!

Holly of Jewelled Earth fame has only gone and done it again and come through on her mission to get me on a book cover - a first for her as a photographer too, so we're both very pleased (I could hear Holly's squeals of excitement via email!). Of her submission to an agent last year, two of her images of me were selected for two different novels, and both images were taken during one session in Oxford during which I flitted around, ran across a courtyard as though being chased, lay on the floor dreamily (or as though dead, depending on interpretation, and most amusingly to passersby) and posed tragically against the imposingly huge doors of the city's much-celebrated architecture. The latter was evidently the chosen narrative!

We only have one of the covers available to see at the moment, 'Gospa Od Sedam Brezuljaka' by Jean Plaidy (Croatia), which seems to translate roughly to 'Our Lady of the Seven Hills'. Image below:




The other cover is 'Les larmes des innocentes' by Joachim S Valdez in France, and mainly involves my feet (yes, taken during my enthusiastic efforts at playing dead)..! Will show that one when I see it.